马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。
您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?点这里注册
x
学习英语其实也不像说起来那么容易。(学英语很难)首先,语法就使水变得浑浊(使事情不明朗),而习惯用语只会火上加油(使事情更糟糕)。
如果你在准备托福或托业考试,或者只是想认识更多的常见习语,就可以在考试之前看看这份常见习语的列表。它们会使你的英语有大大的收获(变得更好)。
常见英语习语 1.24/7: 一天二十四小时;一周七天;一直;持续地。
My little sister irritates me 24/7!
我的小妹妹整天都在惹我生气!
2.A short fuse:急性子。
Jamie is known for his short fuse; just a few days ago he screamed at his coach for not letting him play。
杰米真是个急性子;几天前他就跟教练嚷嚷着说不要让他上场了。
3.A taste of your own medicine:如果对别人坏,那么自己理所当然地也要尝尝相同的滋味。
After constantly being prank-called, Julian decided to give Juan a taste of his own medicine and ordered twenty-seven pizzas to be delivered to Juan’s house。
在多次被捉弄后,朱利安决定也要让胡安尝尝同样的滋味,就订了27块披萨送到胡安的家里。
4.Butterflies in my stomach: 紧张的。
Liam had butterflies in his stomach before he went on stage to play the violin。
利亚姆在上台演奏小提琴时非常紧张。
5.By the skin of your teeth: 勉强做成某事。
Lester made the dance team by the skin of his teeth; you can tell he hasn‘t been dancing jazz for very long。
莱斯特勉强组成了舞蹈队;你可以看出来他已经好久没跳爵士了。
6.Cat got your tongue?: 怎么不说话了?(通常说出来是为了让对方难堪)
I just saw you kissing my boyfriend。 What’s the matter? Cat got your tongue?
我刚才看见你亲了我男朋友。怎么回事?你怎么不吭声了?
7。 Crying wolf: 假意求救。
You have cried wolf so many times that no one believes you when you‘re really hurt。
你已经玩了这么多次“狼来了”的把戏,没人会相信你是真的受伤了。
8.Cut someone some slack: 放某人一马。
Hey。 Cut me some slack。 I was really busy with my frog hunting business last week and forgot to call。 I‘m sorry!
嘿,放我一马吧。上个星期我真的是忙着捉青蛙了,忘了给你打电话。对不起嘛!
9.Down for the count:疲劳的;放弃;不能活不愿再参与。
No, you can’t take my dog for a walk – she’s down for the count after chasing cats all day。
不,你不能溜我的狗。——她追了那几只猫一天,已经累坏了。
10.In the fast lane:繁忙刺激的人生。
When Curtis turned forty, he decided he needed to live life in the fast lane, so he quit his job as a dentist and decided to tour Europe by motorcycle。
当柯蒂斯四十岁的时候,他决心过刺激的人生,所以他辞去了牙医的工作,决定骑摩托车环游欧洲。 |