在第20届中国日报社“21世纪杯”

全国英语演讲大会

山东选区复选中

荣获一等奖!

姜圣骏同学演讲视频

姜圣骏同学演讲稿原文

Not ordinary,but extraordinary

Good morning!

Muhammad Ali once said, I don't count the sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting. That's what makes you a champion. He has taught me 3 rules to become not ordinary, but extraordinary.

The first rule - set no limit. “This is the best I can do. It’s easy to choose to be ordinary; scratching off that limit is the first step to become extraordinary. When the world thought no Asian Sprinter can break into 10-second, Su Bingtian set a record of 9.83 sec in the Tokyo Olympic Games. As the fastest Asian Sprinter ever, he said,Don’t let stereotype about sprinters’race, age or ability limit your own growth. Despite the age, the 32-year-old Chinese Sprinter has already commenced training for the Pairs Olympics in 2024. If you can stop limiting yourself, you are already not ordinary.

Rule No.2-aim high. Before he won the title of Mr.Universe,Arnold Schwarzenegger pumped irons in the gym 5 hours a day, 6 days a week for 2 years. While the training is ferocious, he took every set with a smile. When people asked him why, he said I’m shooting for a goal. And at the age of 20, he became the youngest ever Mr.Universe.People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things. Anold could have chosen a lower goal to live an ordinary life and vet he aimed high. And that makes him extraordinary.

Rule No.3-endure failures. The pursuit of extraordinariness is often paused by failures. While losers choose to stay down, the extraordinary ones always get up and march on. Michael Jordan said, To become a successful player, I missed more than 9000 shoes in my career. I’ve failed over and over again and that is why I succeed. In order to become extraordinary, we have to fight through the set-backs. Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.

Carl Jung said, I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become. So, my fellow friends and dear judges, we can all become extraordinary. It’s not a title bestowed by others but a choice to make. Let us choose to be not ordinary but extraordinary. Never limit yourself, aim high, endure failures and enjoy successes!

姜圣骏同学奖状

博学笃行造就国际视野

竞技和成长点燃内在能量

二中少年

眼底永存炽热与希望

选择不凡注定卓越!

END

撰稿 | 纪力源

编辑 | 王涵

初审 | 蔡军霞

终审 | 于文斌 曾庆静

诚|忠诚不欺  勤|自强不息  爱|博爱为怀